Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Psalm 43:3

O send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling.
Give me your lantern and compass, give me a map, So I can find my way to the sacred mountain, to the place of your presence.


Sounds like we're going on a hike, but you don't need to go hiking to find God's presence.  He's with you right now.  Think of the lantern, compass, and map as the methods God uses to lead you out of depression.  Think of healthy eating, exercising, and positive thinking.  It is a hike to get out of depression, but God is with you, leading you out.  Keep focused on God's word and let it light your way.  Dwell especially on the verses that tell you of God's deep love for you.  They are powerful tools against the negative thoughts that may fill your mind during depression.

Lord, thank you for being with me.  Fill my mind with your light and truth, so that I can find my way out of depression.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment