Saturday, February 18, 2012

Psalm 34:18

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit.
If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there; if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath.



Sometimes I wonder if God is using depression to help me catch my breath.  He saw me on a path that was crushing my spirit.  When the depression took over, he was near.  He is near.  I am brokenhearted and crushed in spirit.  God is near, saving me.  I may be tempted to think that my broken heart and crushed spirit mean that God has abandoned me.  Not true.  God does not guarantee his path to be free from pain and suffering, but he does promise to walk us through it.  Keep dwelling on the signs that God is near.  Use this time with God to catch your breath.

Lord, I am brokenhearted and you are near.  Lord, I am crushed in spirit and you are saving me.  Let me use this time with you to catch my breath.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your thoughtful testimony. I, too, know the loneliness of depression, and I'm currently grieving the loss of my beloved 14 year old dog. Your words have comforted me.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete