Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Psalm 24:5

They will receive blessing from the Lord, and vindication from the God of their salvation.
God is at their side; with God's help they make it.


A blessing is "a thing conducive to happiness or welfare."  You and God both want the same thing:  your happiness and welfare!  That is such a relief.  God is at your side, helping you through this depression, and leading you toward happiness and welfare.  You aren't alone here.  You have set your eyes on God and the hope that he brings, and he is helping you to make it through this.  Think of the people who are a blessing to you right now.  Think of the treatment decisions you've made that are a blessing to you right now.  Think of God at your side, blessing you.

Lord, it's so hard to recognize your blessings.  Help me to trust that you are at my side, blessing me now and preparing blessings for my future.  With your help I will make it.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment