Thursday, February 23, 2012

Psalm 39:7

"And now, O Lord, what do I wait for?  My hope is in you."
"What am I doing in the meantime, Lord?  Hoping, that's what I'm doing - hoping."


"To stay in one place in expectation of" the Lord's presence is difficult, if not impossible, without hope.  One definition of hope is "to expect with confidence," making it the perfect companion for waiting.  Here I am, in a depression, confidently expecting God's compassion and mercy.  You might be disagreeing with that.  You don't want to stay in this place, and you aren't confident.  But is that true?  You're reading this devotion, and that means you expect God's word to comfort and help you.  Dwell on this:  I confidently expect God's compassion and mercy.

Lord, I confidently expect your compassion and mercy.  My hope in you may seem weak to me right now, but let me see it as a strength.  Let me, in any place, be confident in my expectations of you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment