Thursday, February 16, 2012

Psalm 32:5

Then I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not hide my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," and you forgave the guilt of my sin.
Then I let it all out; I said, "I'll make a clean breast of my failures to God."  Suddenly the pressure was gone - my guilt dissolved, my sin disappeared.


Sometimes I try so hard to be responsible for my depression.  I look at my failures and character flaws as if they point to the reason I'm depressed.  This psalm tells us otherwise.  God forgives us our sins and our failures.  An iniquity is "a wicked act."  God forgives even wicked acts.  You are forgiven for who you are and what you've done.  Not only does he forgive you, but as we learned in Psalm 18, he delights in you!  If God were holding on to your iniquity, he would not be able to delight in you.  Embrace God's forgiveness and be delighted in who you are.

Lord, there is no reason for me to hold on to my sins when I have your forgiveness.  Help me to fully experience your forgiveness.   Let it lead to feeling delighted in who I am.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment