Sunday, February 19, 2012

Psalm 35:28

Then my tongue shall tell of your righteousness and of your praise all day long.
I'll tell the world how great and good you are, I'll shout Hallelujah all day, every day.


This psalm has plenty of verses about what life is doing to me.  This psalm has plenty of verses pleading with God for mercy.  Finally, this psalm makes a deal:  rescue me and I will praise you.  Faith tells us that God's rescue is the only way through this, and he is at work right now.  What if we start fulfilling our end of the bargain?  What does shouting Hallelujah do to depression?  Maybe it's a good time to find out.  I've shouted pleas, complaints, and sobs.  Could it be possible to shout a word of praise?  Hallelujah!  Hallelujah! 

Lord, open my heart to singing your praises.  It feels awkward and forced, but I know that I was created to praise you.  Even in depression I will praise you.  Hallelujah!  Hallelujah!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment