Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Psalm 37:5

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will act.
Open up before God, keep nothing back; he'll do whatever needs to be done.


I commit my way out of this depression to God.  Certainly I know that I can't find my own way out.  I trust that the Lord is at work in my life, leading me out of depression to joy in him.  The second translation tells me to open up and hold nothing back.  That's comforting because I have been crying out to God, but not always in trust.  I can trust God to not only walk me through this, but also to use depression to deepen my faith in him.  God is doing whatever needs to be done to bring me to wholeness and wellness.  By trusting in him, I will recognize his actions in my life.

Lord, help me, once again, to put this depression in your hands.  Strengthen my trust in you.  Do whatever needs to be done, Lord, to bring me closer to you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment