Saturday, February 25, 2012

Psalm 40:2

He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.
He lifted me out of the ditch, pulled me from deep mud.  He stood me up on a solid rock to make sure I wouldn't slip.


Are you in talk therapy?  I am, and it gets confusing sometimes.  The therapist takes my deep muddy thoughts, and helps me rephrase them into solid rocks.  Sometimes the shift is subtle, and often uncomfortable.  Our phrases about depression show it to be a muddy place.  We talk about "sinking into depression" and "crawling out of depression."  God is using my therapist to lift me out of the ditch, and he's not going to leave me clinging to the side, sliding back down.  He's going to set me on a secure rock.  I have the rock of God's unfailing love and mercy to stand on. 

Lord, let all my thoughts be built on the rock of your unfailing love and mercy.  Please help me rephrase any muddy thoughts with the truth:  I am your child and you are my God!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment