Friday, February 10, 2012

Psalm 26:3

For your steadfast love is before my eyes, and I walk in faithfulness to you.
So I never lose sight of your love, But keep in step with you, never missing a beat.


I do not feel in step with God right now.  I do not feel his steadfast love in depression.  In fact, depression makes me feel separated from God, unloved by God.  That is how I feel, but that is not what I believe.  I believe that God is with me, loving me.  I believe that the way depression makes me feel is a lie, but God's love for me is true.  I believe that depression is temporary, but God's love for me is eternal.  These beliefs give me the strength to challenge the lies of depression, and counter them with thoughts that are true.  I may be taking baby steps, but I am walking with God.

Lord, it would be too easy to believe the feelings of being separated and unloved.  Fill me with thoughts of you lovingly walking me through depression, back in step with you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment