Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Psalm 23:4

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff - they comfort me.
Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk by my side.  Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure.


This one is hard because I am afraid.  I'm afraid I'll make the wrong decisions, I'm afraid I'll never feel like myself again, and I'm afraid that this dark valley is my new home.  The shepherd's crook is for hooking around the sheep and pulling it back where it belongs.  I've pictured myself in the shepherd's crook with God pulling me up, out of the dark valley.  So how do I answer my fears?  I dwell on the image of God pulling me out of depression.  I accept depression and treat depression knowing God is with me.  This dark valley is not my new home.

Lord,  calm my fears and lift me out of this dark valley.  Guide me and the people helping me, so that I can see more of your light each day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment