Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Psalm 31:14

But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God."
Desperate, I throw myself on you:  you are my God!


I have read over and over how God uses life's difficulties to bring us closer to him.  Is God using depression to bring you closer to him?  Yes.  When I first realized that I was in a major depression, I somehow found the energy to research on-line, read books, and put my trust in a psychiatrist and a talk therapist.  I groaned and prayed to God for an end to this, but trust?  I turned to the 23rd Psalm, which I read over and over each day.  That was how I realized that the help I was desperate for could only come from God.  In my life, God is using depression to bring me to him, trust him, and say, "You are my God."

Lord, help me to feel you at work in this depression.  Lead me to put my trust in you.  Let me exclaim, "You are my God" in my desperation and in my joy.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment