Saturday, February 4, 2012

Psalm 20:4

May he grant you your heart's desire, and fulfill all your plans.
(God) give you what your heart desires, accomplish your plans.


My heart's desire?  I want to forget medications, doctors, therapy, and side effects.  I want to live my old life and not have any "side effects" from that, either.  I want to be the strongest, most resilient, most faithful, most joyful person ever.  Those are wishes and it is very unlikely that those wishes will be granted.  When you accept depression, your plans have to shift, maybe subtly or maybe drastically.  Remember, though, that depression is just one part of you.  Identify your gifts by knowing your heart's desire, and then make your plans.  God will work with depression or in spite of depression to fulfill your plans.

Lord, it can feel like depression is all there is to me.  Help me recognize my heart's desire so that I know how to serve you.  Fill me with hope to make plans and, with your grace and guidance, to fulfill those plans.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment