Monday, February 13, 2012

Psalm 29:11

May the Lord give strength to his people!  May the Lord bless his people with peace!
God makes his people strong.  God gives his people peace.


I like the second translation better because it's happening right now.  God is giving you strength and peace right now.  He has been all along, and he will continue to do so.  The problem is, depression can make it difficult to believe it.  I assume that if I had God's strength and peace I'd feel fine and not depressed.  I have to look for God's strength and peace in my life.  Seeking treatment is a sign of strength and peace.  Being active, to whatever degree, is also a sign.  Every step you take in your recovery is because of the strength and peace given to you by God.

Lord, in depression I can feel weak and hopeless.  Open my heart to the strength and peace you give me.  Help me to recognize them working in my life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment