Sunday, February 26, 2012

Psalm 41:11

By this I know that you are pleased with me; because my enemy has not triumphed over me.
Meanwhile, I'm sure you're on my side - no victory shouts yet from the enemy camp!


Now this is something to dwell on:  God is pleased with me.   He knows about the discouragement of depression, and how difficult it is to keep working toward recovery.    The Lord knows, especially, how easy it would be to give up.  God is pleased with you and your steps toward recovery.  God is pleased with you as you look to him for hope and strength.  God is pleased with you.  You may have trouble believing this.  You may even think depression has triumphed.  I say this:  depression cannot triumph because God is pleased with you.

Lord, fill my heart with the surety that depression cannot triumph over me.  Help me dwell on this:  I know that you are pleased with me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment