Monday, February 20, 2012

Psalm 36:7

How precious is your steadfast love, O God!  All people may take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
How exquisite your love, O God!  How eager we are to run under your wings...


Depression feels like walking in shadow.  It's difficult to trust what we see and hear.  It's difficult to trust our thoughts.  We may see problems where there aren't any, and be unable to make decisions about real problems.  But shadows can also be cool and comforting, a place to rest.  They can protect us and keep us out of sight for a while.  Picture yourself safe under the wings of God.  I can be comforted in the shadows of depression.  I can look at it as a time to find comfort in my Lord, under the wings of his love and guidance.  This is an opportunity to build trust in God's steadfast (unchanging) love.

Lord, your love never changes.  Guide me to run under your wings for comforting rest.  I know that only you can help me feel safe and protected during depression.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment