Thursday, February 2, 2012

Psalm 18:19-20

He brought me into a broad place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.  The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness;
He stood me up on a wide-open field; I stood there saved - surprised to be loved!  God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him.


There it is again:  acceptance.  In trying to figure out my depression and fight my depression I have to hang onto it.  If I accept it, along with the treatment and the side effects of treatment, I can place all the pieces before God.  And what happens then?  God makes my life complete!  Place all the pieces before God:  the genetics, the chemicals, the psychology, the past, the present, and the worries about the future.  You cannot figure this out, but God can.  Not only can he, but he wants to.  Why?  Because he delights in you.  Dwell on that:  God delights in you.

Lord, help me accept my limitations and all the pieces of this depression puzzle.  In my acceptance, I give you the all pieces knowing you will work this out for my good.  Fill my heart with knowing that you delight in me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment