Friday, March 2, 2012

Psalm 44:26

Rise up, come to our help.  Redeem us for the sake of your steadfast love.
Get up and come to our rescue.  If you love us so much, Help us!


I am always stunned by how the psalmist directs God, even though I know I've been just as direct.  I've told God to heal me now and give me my life back.  I've told God to take my life because I don't want to suffer one more second.  My faith tells me that God is helping me.  This verse makes me wonder if I'm expecting God and the people who are helping me to do all the work.  Have you ever tried to pick up a child who doesn't want to be picked up?  I need to be active in this recovery, too.  God loves you so much.  He is helping you.

Lord, keep my thoughts on your love for me.  Build on my hopes for recovery so that we can work together toward an end to this depression.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment