Sunday, February 12, 2012

Psalm 28:1

To you, O Lord, I call; my rock, do not refuse to hear me, for if you are silent to me,  I shall be like those who go down to the Pit.
Don't turn a deaf ear when I call you, God.  If all I get from you is deafening silence, I'd be better off in the Black Hole.


A black hole is "a celestial object that has a gravitational field so strong that light cannot escape it."  I was going along, living my life, and then I got sucked into the black hole of depression.  I felt so out of reach that light couldn't find me.  But look at the definition:   depression keeps light from escaping you.  Depression might be hindering your inner light from shining through, but it's still there.  You are still you, a unique individual loved by God, and as you recover from depression more and more of your inner light will escape and shine on those you love.

Lord, keep me mindful of being your beloved unique creation.  Guide my recovery so that my inner light can shine as you intended.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment