Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Psalm 38:15

But it is for you, O Lord, that I wait; it is you, O Lord, who will answer.
What I do, God, is wait for you, wait for my Lord, my God - you will answer!


The definition of wait is "to stay in place in expectation of."  With cell phones, computers, and 24 hour service, we have little need to wait.  Depression, however, involves waiting. What are you expecting?  Don't expect to stay in this place forever; that is a lie of depression.  Trusting God means I can be in this place, in this depression, and expect God's presence.  I can expect to feel his compassion and his mercy.  Expecting these things opens my heart to experiencing them.  How has God answered you today?  Write down the ways God has answered your expectations today.

Lord, depression can make me expect to suffer forever.  Help me expect your loving presence, compassion, and mercy.  Open my heart to recognize you in my life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment