Saturday, February 11, 2012

Psalm 27:8

"Come," my heart says, "seek his face!"
When my heart whispered, "Seek God," my whole being replied, "I'm seeking him!"


You are seeking God's face.  There is hope in you, hope that God is with you.  Even in depression, your heart whispers, "Seek God," and you respond.  Grab on to that hope, because hope is a very important aspect of treating any disease.  Since depression involves a feeling of hopelessness, any glimmer of hope is even more important in your treatment.  Your hope is also very well-founded, because all information about depression states that it is often successfully treated.  Accept depression and treat depression.  Remind yourself of your hope, and continue to seek God and his comfort.

Lord, I know that any whispers in my heart come from you.  Keep me focused on the signs of faith and hope in each day.  Keep me focused on recovery, so that I may serve you and glorify you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment