Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Psalm 30:2-3

O Lord, my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.  O Lord, you brought up my soul from Sheol, restored me to life from among those gone down to the Pit.
God, my God, I yelled for help and you put me together.  God, you pulled me out of the grave, gave me another chance at life when I was down and out.


Depression is giving you another chance at life.  No matter what the cause, or combination of  causes, there is a way through and you will be different.  Sometimes I cry that I'm lost and will never be myself again.  That's partly true.  I tell myself that the joyful parts of me are still there and will show themselves again.  It's the part that led me into depression that will be different.  Pay attention to the different aspects of your recovery:  the medical, the psychological, and the self-care, like diet, exercise, and stress reduction.   God is using them to restore you to life.

Lord, let me see the ways you have healed me.  Guide me in all aspects of recovery, and work through them to give me another chance at this gift of life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment