Friday, February 3, 2012

Psalm 19:8

...the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is clear, enlightening the eyes;
The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.  The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.



My life-map right now is filled with recovery.  I'm taking medication, going to therapy, walking every day, examining negative thoughts, eating right, writing "gratitudes," petting the dog...anything to feel better!  But it's not enough to feel better.  Through his Word and the people in my life, God is showing me the way to joy.  Depression is so tricky, and some days I'm still on Psalm 3, lifting my head.  I read these verses and I yearn to feel the words:  rejoicing, enlightening, joy.  These are for me.  These are for you.  Dwell on this:  God is working in you to rejoice your heart and show you the way to joy.

Lord, keep me on your life-map and lead me to rejoicing and enlightenment and joy.  Keep my heart yearning for them, knowing that you intend me to have them.  Help me to recognize, each day, the rejoicing, enlightenment, and joy you provide.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment