Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Psalm 17:5

My steps have held fast to your paths; my feet have not slipped.
I'm trying to get your way, your Word's way.


I've been repeatedly told that depression is a disease and it's not my fault, but I keep thinking about where I went wrong and how I ended up here.  In my mind, that's the only way to figure out how to fight depression and avoid it in the future.  But focusing on where I went wrong keeps me in a state of fear.  Maybe it's only by accepting this disease that I can let go of the blame and focus on the recovery.  The path I'm on involves medication, talk therapy, and decisions.  Trusting, through his Word, that God is with me on this path, I know that even depression can become a reason to glorify God.

Lord, my thoughts can keep me in a state of self-blame and fear.  Lead me to acceptance so that I can feel at peace in my decisions.  Open my heart to feel you with me on this path.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment