Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Psalm 16:11

You show me the path of life.  In your presence there is fullness and joy; in your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Now you've got my feet on the life path, all radiant from the shining of your face.  Ever since you took my hand, I'm on the right way.


This recovery journey is not a straight path; it goes back and forth and up and down.  Some days it's hard for me to believe that God is with me.  That's a day to take a walk and repeat what I want to believe, the words of this psalm.  When I don't have the energy to examine the lies I'm thinking and replace those lies with facts, I just recite something faithful over and over.  Maybe all I have the energy for is "Lord Jesus," or "He lifts my head."  The important thing is to stop dwelling on the lies of depression by dwelling on God and his love for you.

Lord, my brain can so easily get stuck thinking the lies of depression.  Cleanse my mind of those lies and replace them with the fullness and joy of your presence.  Help me to feel you take me hand.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment