Friday, March 30, 2012

Psalm 68:6

God gives the desolate a home to dwell in:  he leads out the prisoners to prosperity…
God makes homes for the homeless, leads prisoners to freedom…


Oh, the lies of depression.  “You are weak and foolish.  Nobody loves you.  Depression is the truth and your times of happiness and success were lies.”  This verse doesn’t argue that.  This verse says, “I know.”  The word desolate is powerful:
-disconsolate, and sorrowful through or as if through separation from a loved one
-showing the effects of abandonment and neglect
-devoid of warmth, comfort, or hope
Sounds like a diagnosis.  I am separated from my soul.  I treated my soul with abandonment and neglect.  I am without hope.  This desperate situation leaves me truly open to God’s love and grace. 

Lord, only you can bring my soul home to me.  Only you can lead me out of this prison of depression.  Show me the way, and grant me the grace to follow your way.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment