Sunday, March 11, 2012

Psalm 52:8

But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God.  I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever.
And I'm an olive tree, growing green in God's house.  I trusted in the generous mercy of God then and now.


When I was content with my life, I trusted that all my blessings were due to God's generous mercy.  During this depression, I have struggled to trust in his mercy.  I don't feel deserving of the love and care shown to me by my family and friends.  I don't feel confident in my professional care and the choices I have made.  Even the simple choices, like eating and walking every day, have become a struggle.  Where is God's mercy when I'm still sick?  This verse tells us to trust in God's mercy no matter what our circumstance.  God's mercy is in my life this very day.

Lord, you are the source of steadfast love and generous mercy.  It is your intention that I experience these from you during times of contentment as well as times of difficulty.  Let me experience the comfort of your love and mercy as I recover from depression.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment