Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Psalm 62:1

For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.
God, the one and only- I'll wait as long as he says.


In depression it feels as if I have no soul.  This verse tells me that my soul is not lost, it is waiting in silence.  What hope this gives me!  There's a huge difference between a lost soul and a silent soul.   It reminds me of when I get the flu, and the only thing to do is go to bed and rest.  My soul is resting.  Doesn't that sound healing?  I can think of my soul as hibernating, so that it will be strong and unharmed when this depression lifts.  My soul will wait as long as God says.  That's a frustrating thought, but it also adds to the sense that my soul is sheltered from depression. 

Lord, thank you for sheltering my soul during depression.  Let this be reassuring to me.  Help me to wait and hope for the salvation that only you offer.  Bless all my efforts toward healing.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment