Thursday, March 15, 2012

Psalm 56:3

In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I am not afraid; what can flesh do to me?
I'm proud to praise God; fearless now, I trust in God.  What can mere mortals do?


Depression fills us with doubt.  Depression has made me doubt God's presence in my life and my ability to survive.  I want to believe this psalm with all my heart.  I pray God's word because it comforts me.  I trust God because I know my recovery is coming from him.  I am not afraid because the doubt is part of the disease.  This depression does not define me.  Dwell on this psalm.  Recite it over and over.  Trust in your future because you are in God's loving care.  What a perfect response to all the lies of depression!

Lord, I praise you for reaching me through this disease.  Let these words comfort me.  This illness cannot destroy me because I am in your loving care.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment