Saturday, March 10, 2012

Psalm 51:6

You desire truth in the inward being; therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.
What you're after is truth from the inside out.  Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life.


Depression is a disease of lies.  Some of the lies are old, from your days before depression.  Some of the lies were conceived with the depression.  Either way, recovery from depression includes replacing the lies with truth.   God wants you filled with the truth, and only the truth.  The truth and wisdom God teaches is of your worth and value.  You are his creation, and that means you are good.  You are his child and he delights in you.  He wants you to experience the truth of his delight.  God intends for you to recover from this depression and to live the truth of who you are.

Lord, you are truth.  Let your word and your presence comfort me in this depression and bring me to recovery filled with the truth of your love and delight for me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment