Friday, March 16, 2012

Psalm 57:2

I cry to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me.
I call out to High God, the God who holds me together.



Depression has sapped my confidence. I question my ability to take care of my family and do my job.  A measure of wellness has become how confident I am in my ability to do God's will.  This psalm answers that doubt.  God has a purpose for me and this depression is not going to prevent him from making it happen.  Fulfill means "to convert into reality."  His purpose for me will become reality in spite of depression or even through this depression.   The doubts that depression has raised may lead me to knowing God's purpose for me.

Lord, the psalms remind me over and over again that you are working for my good.  Lead me to wellness so that your purpose for me can become a reality.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment