Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Psalm 48:9

We ponder your steadfast love, O God, in the midst of your temple.
We pondered your love-in-action, God, waiting in your temple:


What does God's steadfast love mean in the midst of a depression?  My thoughts are filled with longing and groans and doubts.  Let's look at the temple:  I am God's temple.  God's temple is not well and whole, it is diseased with depression.  I am pondering (to think or consider especially quietly, soberly, and deeply) God's never-changing love for me at a time when my mind is weak and I need the reassurance of his love so desperately.  It brings me back to acceptance.  Here I am, Lord, in this body, your temple.  I can only believe that you love me and are with me.

Lord, my body does not feel worthy of being your temple.  Fill me with your peace as I ponder your steadfast love.  Open my heart to experience your love-in-action.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment