Saturday, March 17, 2012

Psalm 58:11

People will say, "Surely there is a reward for the righteous; surely there is a God who judges on earth."
"It's worth it to play by the rules!  God's handing out trophies and tending the earth!"


Depression may say that you are not righteous, but that is a lie.  You are righteous.  You don't need to be afraid of God's judgment, or see depression as his judgment.  You are "free from guilt or sin" because of Jesus' death and resurrection.  You are righteous.  That closes the discussion on issues of what you do or do not deserve.  The judgments of depression are harsh and untrue. God has judged you and found you to be his good creation, deserving of his grace.  Dwell on this:  "I am God's good creation, deserving of his grace."

Lord, fill me with confidence that you have judged me as righteous and deserving of your grace.  Help me to replace my own judgments with your merciful grace.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment