Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Psalm 49:7

Truly, no ransom avails for one's life, there is no price one can give to God for it.
Really!  There's no such thing as self-rescue, pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps.


It's so hard for me to give this depression and recovery up to God.  Over and over the psalms tell us that strength and hope are found in God, and God alone.  This seems easier for the psalmist to accept.  It seems that I've given this depression and this recovery over to God many times, only to snatch it back again and again.  Why?  I want a time line.  I want to know the future, when all I can ever know for sure is that my life is in God's hands.  This I must believe, or else I will be defenseless against the despair of depression.            

Lord, my life is yours.  Help me to give it to you once and for all.  Open my heart to the peace that comes from being in your hands.  Amen.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment