Sunday, March 4, 2012

Psalm 46:1

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him.


I have talked about how God uses the people in our lives to help us.  This psalm tells us that God is also present with us personally.  When I think I am all alone, God is available to me.  I have to admit, I am not very good at sensing God's presence.  My faith tells me he is there, but I don't feel his comfort and peace.  Maybe that's why I keep looking for his presence in the people I love.  My prayer is for God to use this depression to teach me to feel his presence.  In this dark disease, I have cried out to a God I refuse to stop believing in.  Is that God's presence?

Lord, I believe in the peace that only you can give, but I don't know how to experience it.  Open my heart to your presence, Lord.  Let me hide in you when I need you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment