Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Psalm 67:3

Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you!
God, let people thank and enjoy you.  Let all people thank and enjoy you.


Like Psalm 65, this verse reminds me of worship.  Even in wellness, there are times it’s difficult to get to church.  I could be tired or discouraged or sad or angry.  When I get there, the service takes off and the joy of those around me sweeps me along.  There is a familiar flow to it that makes it both automatic and heartfelt at the same time.  Despite the hopelessness of depression I’m reminded of the times I’ve praised God in thankfulness and gain confidence that I will again.  It can be too easy to hide away from your congregation.  Go to church.  Sit in silence or in tears.  Offer what you can.  Praise God with your presence and your open heart.

Lord, it’s so easy to seclude myself in depression.  Lead me to my congregation and let their worship fill me with hope in the future you have planned for me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment