Monday, April 2, 2012

Psalm 69:32

Let the oppressed see [my thanksgiving] and be glad; you who seek God, let your hearts revive.
The poor in spirit see and are glad - Oh, you God-seekers, take heart!


Depression feels endless, but it is not.  Look at people who have been healed.  If you don’t know anyone personally, ask your doctor or counselor for reassurance.  Watch commercials for depression medications, and notice how happy the people are by the end.  I know that sounds ridiculous, but so much of the pain of depression is thinking that life will be like this forever.  It won’t be.  There is a way out.  Tell God you will thank and praise him for your healing.  Remind him that others will see your praise, and it will help them to trust God, too.  Give thanks today for any evidence of healing in your life, no matter how subtle. 

Lord, I look forward to praising you for my healing.  I trust that healing will come and know that it can only come from you.  Keep me faithful.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment