Friday, March 23, 2012

Psalm 64:1

Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint; preserve my life from dread of the enemy...
Listen and help, O God, I'm reduced to a whine and a whimper, obsessed with feelings of doomsday.


I am a person full of words.  I am never at a loss for words.  In this depression, however, I have trouble processing both what I say and what is being said to me.  I feel surprised that the world is going on around me, and confused by it all.  I'm not myself anymore, and I'm convinced that I never will be again.  This psalm reassures me that my prayer does not have to be full of perfect words, like a Supreme Court case.  I can offer my whines and whimpers and feelings of doomsday to God.  They are all I have right now.  I can offer them to God and he will hear them and understand them.

Lord, I'm not able to think of the right words.  Fill me with the reassurance that I don't need to.  You have provided the words for me in the Psalms.  Open my heart to their comfort and healing.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment