Thursday, March 22, 2012

Psalm 63:8

My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
I hold on to you for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post.


In Psalm 62 I imagined my soul hibernating.  Now I add the image of my soul clinging to God in this hibernation.  How do I picture my soul?  I see my physical self holding on to God for dear life.  I see myself holding on to God, in my mind the traditional picture of Jesus, for dear life, and He is holding me steady.  This depression will not move me away from who I am, for Jesus is holding me steady.  I can add this to my image from Psalm 23.  I can call on these images in the face of feeling that my soul is lost forever to depression.

Lord, help me to visualize you holding me steady.  Let these image help my soul cling to you.  Lead me to trust this image over the feelings of depression.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment