Monday, March 19, 2012

Psalm 60:12

With God we shall do valiantly; it is he who will tread down our foes.
In God we'll do our very best; he'll flatten the opposition for good.


In depression the ordinary activities seem so important.  When I wake up I am determined to get up and live my life by performing the ordinary tasks of the day.  Then at night I make an accusing list of what I didn't do.  I need to recite this verse when I start measuring my day, my illness, my recovery.  God is guiding me toward wellness.  "Valiantly" means "carried out with courage and determination."  Trust that the day's activities were enough.  Trust that your God-given courage and determination were enough.  Trust that you are enough.

Lord, let me give up measuring myself.  Give me the grace to recognize the courage and determination you have given me, and to know that, in your eyes, I am enough.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment