Thursday, March 8, 2012

Psalm 50:15

Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
And call for help when you're in trouble- I'll help you, and you'll honor me.


Deliver means "to set free."  I want to be set free from this depression so that I can be myself.   It's good to want that because it means that I know this depressed me isn't the real me.  God knows this, too, because he is my creator.  The psalmist is so confident in God's love that he writes this psalm from God's point of view.  Let's assume this to be true today.  How has God delivered you today?  How have you glorified him?  Any step you take toward your recovery shows God's deliverance and glorifies him.  Your faith, even if mustard seed-sized, shows God's deliverance and glorifies him.

Lord, thank you for the faith to keep calling on you.  Open my heart to your deliverance.  Let me glorify you today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment