Saturday, March 3, 2012

Psalm 45:7

Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions;
And that is why God, your very own God, poured fragrant oil on your head, marking you out as king from among your dear companions.


Have you ever been anointed?  I've been anointed with oil and found it to be a very powerful experience.  I was anointed most recently for the healing of this depression.  This verse captured my attention because of the image of God anointing me with the oil of gladness.  That is an image to hang onto!  It also reminds me of my baptism, of being marked with the sign of the cross forever.  Carry those images in your heart.  Picture yourself anointed with gladness by God.  Remember that you are God's beloved child. 

Lord, I close my eyes and picture you pouring healing oil of gladness on my head.  Let your oil cleanse my mind of this depression so that I can feel the gladness.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment