Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Psalm 61:5

For you, O God, hast heard my vows, you have given me the heritage of those who fear thy name.
You've always taken me seriously, God, made me welcome among those who know and love you.


My study Bible says this psalm is divided into 4 parts:  the cry for help, the expression of trust, the prayer for the king, and the vow.  This verse is an expression of trust.  Depression may tell me that God does not hear me, but this verse encourages me to trust, to rely on God's grace and the hope that this illness will end.  This verse says I am grouped with people who know and love God!  Assume this is true.  Trust that God hears you.  Trust that God welcomes you among those who know and love Him.  Trust that you belong in that company.

Lord, in depression I put my trust in lies.  Open my heart to the trust I have in you, even if it feels weak or nonexistent.  Build on that trust, so I can know and love you more.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment