Sunday, March 18, 2012

Psalm 59:17

O my strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love.
Strong God, I'm watching you do it, I can always count on you- God, my dependable love.


Depression makes me think about strength.  The ailment itself seems like a weakness.  I doubt that I am strong enough to survive depression, much less recover from it.  This psalm stops those thoughts in their tracks.  God is my strength.   Not only does he provide strength, but he also protects me as a fortress and provides never-changing love.   Surely that will get me through the activities and decisions of today.   Confidently call on God as "My strength."  Praise God right now for the strength, protection, and love he has shown you today.  Alleluia!  

Lord, fill me with praise for the strength you provide; the strength that you have provided throughout my life.  Alleluia!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment