Saturday, March 24, 2012

Psalm 65:4

Blessed is he whom you choose and bring near, to dwell in your courts!  We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house, your holy temple!
Blessed are the chosen!  Blessed the guest at home in your place!  We expect our fill of good things in your house, your heavenly manse.


When I first read this verse, it reminded me of worship because I think of God’s house as church.  In depression it’s so hard to get to church.  Going to church involves a thousand small steps that I take for granted when I’m well.   I accomplish these steps primarily because of my children.  But once I get there, it’s all for me.  In church, the worship goes on with or without my participation.  It reminds me that life goes on, health goes on, joy goes on.  This verse says it is no accident to find myself in church.  It’s not to my credit, either.  I go to church because God has blessed and chosen me to be satisfied with the goodness that can only be found worshiping in church.

Lord, thank-you for the blessing of being chosen as a guest in your house.  Let me go to church expecting to be satisfied.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment