Monday, March 5, 2012

Psalm 47:6

Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises.
Sing songs to God, sing out!  Sing to our king, sing praise!

I've been singing the song of praise from an old liturgy when I wake up and when I go to bed.  Sometimes I sing it out loud, and sometimes I sing it in my head.  My heart isn't always in it, and sometimes my mind wanders in the middle and I have to start over.  It's not easy to sing praises in a depression, but it can be done.  I'm thinking along the "fake it 'til you make it" line, and reminding myself of the power of the God I believe in.  I have no faith in my own power right now, and the song of praise is one way of turning this depression and my recovery over to my Almighty God.

Lord, I praise you for your power.  I know that any recovery I experience comes from your power.  Fill my heart with praises for you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment