Monday, April 30, 2012

Psalm 86:11

Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.
Train me, God, to walk straight; then I’ll follow your path.  Put me together, one heart and one mind; then, undivided, I’ll worship you in joyful fear.


I’ve always wanted to do things “right.”  It gets very confusing, and I end up accusing myself whenever there’s a problem.  In my mind, if a problem develops, I did something wrong.  So I have to be careful with this verse.  God’s truth is not about finding the right plumber or buying the right crock pot.  It’s not even about marrying the right spouse or choosing the right depression treatment.  God’s truth, highlighted by his mercy and grace and steadfast love (vs.15), keeps my heart and mind together so that I can confidently make life’s decisions and face whatever the consequences without second guessing and accusing.

Lord, when I follow your way I don’t have to worry and second guess my every decision.  Keep my heart and mind on what is without fail:  your truth.   Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment