Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Psalm 83:18

Let them know that you alone, whose name is the Lord, are the most high over all the earth.
Then they’ll learn thy name: “God,” the one and only High God on earth.


God is the most high over depression and all diseases.  Just acknowledging that is a triumph over depression.  But there’s something else gnawing at me.  This verse makes me think about how I need my actions to prove my worth, just as this verse tries to entice God to prove his.  This would work if I were always successful.  Failure not only leaves me feeling unworthy, but it also negates my success.   Take it one step further when I consider that the diagnosis of depression makes me think I’m a  failure, a thought I must argue everyday.  My worth is not in my health or success.  My worth is in being a child of the Lord most high over all the earth.

Lord, let this depression know that thou alone, whose name is the Lord, are the most high over all the earth.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment