Saturday, April 7, 2012

Psalm 73:4

For they have no pangs; their bodies are sound and sleek.
[The people] who have nothing to worry about, not a care in the whole wide world.


I imagine there are people with no problems.  These people do everything right, and therefore they have no problems.  I have problems, so I must do everything wrong.  This kind of thinking contributes to depression.  Everybody has problems, everybody makes mistakes, everybody has weaknesses.  And I have avoided and solved problems,  I have done things right, and I have strengths.  I have even had times when I looked like someone with no pangs!  Learning how to look at myself accurately is part of the healing.  Giving up the notion of perfect people with perfect lives is part of the healing, too.

Lord, you created me and you call your creation good.  Protect my thoughts from the lies of depression.  Guide my thoughts to keep them accurate and true.    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment