Sunday, April 22, 2012

Psalm 80:18

Then we will never turn back from you; give us life and we will call on your name!
We will never turn our back on you; breathe life into our lungs so we can shout your name!


The psalmist is not above bargaining.  God wants me to glorify and praise him and this psalm reminds him that while I’m not up to it right now, I certainly would be if God gave me what I asked.  Again I’m reminded that no holds are barred in my conversation with God.  I’m also reminded that life is from God and I am meant to give him the credit.  Lastly, this verse reminds me of the childlike trust God expects from me.  Here I am bargaining like a child begging a parent for a puppy and promising I’ll never ask for anything again.  Dwell on this:  you are healing.  You will feel God’s breath in your lungs and shout God’s name. 

Lord, we have a bargain.  By your grace I will be healed, and I will praise you for it.    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment