Sunday, April 8, 2012

Psalm 74:16

Thine is the day, thine also the night; you have established the luminaries and the sun.
You own the day, you own the night; you put stars and sun in place.


I fall short of my expectations.  When my expectations see the light of day, they seem ridiculous.  That’s why it’s so important that they see the light of day.  It is in the light of day that I am able to look at things closely and accurately.  I can see my physical  surroundings and examine what’s in my mind and heart.  So what is the night for?  The night is for rest.  Night time, in the dark, is not the time to examine my mind and heart.   As someone who has squandered many a night’s rest on self-examination, I can confidently say that it is never productive.  Bring your thoughts into the light and use the darkness to rest. 

Lord, you created a time for action and a time for rest.  Guide me in using both to your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment